Friday 17 July 2015

Getting to grips with Linkedin!!

I have just completed Thing 3 on creating your own professional brand.  I became aware of LinkedIn a couple of years ago when a colleague was applying for a new position.  I was amazed at the amount of people I know who have a LinkedIn account.  No doubt it is a great way of publicizing a persons achievements, exciting projects, new innovations and so on.
I have taken the first step in creating my own account and will add more information to this as I go along. What I have added at the moment is educational and job status information but will hopefully get more time to supplement this information.
I would hope to further develop my professional brand by adding in achievements, publications, library projects I have worked on etc
I would see LinkedIn as being a very valuable tool facilitating networking with fellow colleagues.
My url is https://ie.linkedin.com/in/brigidcarey

1 comment:

  1. Hi. One of the biggest advantages of LinkedIn over something like a CV, is that you can add bits and pieces to it as you go along: it's far more dynamic than a CV. Been to a conference? Add it to LinkedIn. Complete a one-day course? Add it to LinkedIn. Doing Rudai23? Mention it in LinkedIn!

    The Rudai23 Team.

    ReplyDelete